The benefits of stretching are wide ranging, this section will discuss the benefits of stretching for each of the main types of stretching: Preparatory Stretching, Maintenance Stretching, Developmental Stretching and PNF Stretching.
Other Benefits of Stretching is everyone can perform stretches, no matter their age or level of fitness. Stretching can be done anywhere and anytime, you could do some stretching when you get out of bed and some more before you get into bed or while you’re watching TV. Including stretching in an exercise plan will help you maximise the effort put into the workout, by stretching before and after the main session you will benefit from healthier muscles and a greater range of movement. Stretching can give you huge benefits in your results, such as:
– Reduced muscle tension
– Increased range of movement in the joints
– Enhanced muscular coordination
– Enhanced physical fitness
– Enhanced development of body awareness
– Reduced risk of injury to joints, muscles, and tendons
– Reduced muscular soreness
– Increased circulation of the blood to various parts of the body
– Increased energy levels (resulting from increased circulation)
Benefits of Stretching
Stretching after exercise will help recovery, decrease muscle soreness and keep your muscles and tendons in good working order. By having conditioned muscles and tendons your body will be able to cope better with the physical stress of sports and exercise, this will reduce the risk of injury.